Punjab Cabinet Hails Power Flour Price Relief

Punjab Cabinet Hails Power Flour Price Relief

The Punjab cabinet on Tuesday approved a scheme to provide solar systems to electricity consumers using up to 500 units per month. The cabinet also paid tribute to Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif for notifying the flour price in the province for the first time.

Learn about the Benazir Kafaalat Program Payments.

Introduction of Solar Systems

“We are bringing solar systems for 4.5 million consumers who use up to 500 units,” said the Chief Minister while presiding over a cabinet meeting. She added, “Due to the increase in electricity bills, there is anxiety among the public, but together with my team, we have found a solution.”

Find out who will benefit from the Ehsaas 10500 Payments.

Tax Withdrawal for Protected Consumers

Maryam Nawaz welcomed a tax withdrawal for protected consumers. She acknowledged that it was not easy to control flour prices despite not buying wheat. “I called my team immediately when the price of flour increased by Rs200,” she said. However, the Chief Minister emphasized, “Monitoring and implementation are necessary to keep flour cheap.”

Punjab Cabinet Hails Power Flour Price Relief

Learn more about the BISP Payment Through Jazz Cash.

Food Minister’s Role

She added, “The food minister should spend 16 hours a day controlling the rates of essential commodities. In four months, Punjab’s young cabinet has shown excellent performance.” The Chief Minister highlighted that the Socio-Economic Registry of Punjab would also begin functioning.

Explore the Women Get 3000 Extra initiative for additional support.

Protecting the Poor

Maryam Nawaz stressed the importance of protecting the interests of the poor. “It should not happen that the rich become richer and the poor find it hard to make both ends meet,” she said.

Discover how the Disabled Person Registration is being facilitated.

Roshan Gharana Programme

Provincial Information and Culture Minister Azma Bokhari said at a news conference that the biggest problem for common people at the time was electricity. She announced that the Roshan Gharana Programme had been approved by the cabinet. There is good news for the people of Punjab who are suffering because of electricity bills, as the Chief Minister is going to provide solar power to consumers using 50 to 500 units.

Find out about the Punjab Government’s Cleanliness Fees.

Project Details

Under the project, 90% of the cost will be covered by the Punjab government, while 10% will be paid by the consumers. The minister said the details of the project, worth billions of rupees, would be shared soon. She noted that it was the first time in the country’s history that the price of flour had been notified in Punjab.

Learn about the Solar-Powered Tube Well Package for Baluchistan Farmers.

Commitment to Reducing Prices

She said the Chief Minister was committed to reducing the prices of flour, potatoes, onions, and other food items and has zero tolerance in this regard. The information minister said the data of beneficiaries would be collected under the Socio-Economic Registry, enabling them to benefit from the subsidies and relief given by the Chief Minister, who is implementing all the plans she announced.

Learn more about related programs by clicking the Read More button below:

Read More

FAQs

1. What is the Roshan Gharana Programme? The Roshan Gharana Programme is an initiative to provide solar systems to electricity consumers using up to 500 units per month.

2. Who will benefit from the solar panel scheme? Consumers using between 50 to 500 units of electricity will benefit from the solar panel scheme.

3. How much of the solar panel cost will the government cover? The Punjab government will cover 90% of the cost, while consumers will pay the remaining 10%.

4. Why was the flour price control initiative introduced? The initiative was introduced to make flour more affordable and to control rising prices.

5. What role does the food minister play in this initiative? The food minister is responsible for monitoring and controlling the rates of essential commodities.

6. What is the Socio-Economic Registry of Punjab? The Socio-Economic Registry of Punjab is a system to collect data on beneficiaries to provide targeted subsidies and relief.

7. How is the government addressing electricity bill concerns? The government is providing solar systems to reduce dependency on conventional electricity and lower bills.

8. What is the significance of the tax withdrawal for protected consumers? The tax withdrawal helps reduce the financial burden on low-income consumers.

9. What is the expected impact of the solar panel project? The project aims to provide affordable solar power, reducing electricity costs and promoting sustainable energy.

10. When will the details of the solar panel project be shared? The details of the project will be shared soon by the Punjab government.

Leave a Comment